How To Get To Heaven
Don't change first... Come as you are first:
All humans do evil.
- "Nobody on earth's always good and never sins."
- "For everyone's sinned and falls short of God's
glory." (Romans 3:23)
- "Everyone's turned away; all have become useless.
Nobody does good, not even one.” (Psalm 53:3)
Heaven's a free gift.
Donations can't earn
Doing good won't save you.
- "God saved you by grace when you believed. You can't
take credit for this; it's the gift of God." (Ephesians 2:9)
- "Peter replied: 'May your money be destroyed with you for
thinking God's gift can be bought with money.' " (Acts 8:20)
- "But we believe through the undeserved grace of the
Lord Jesus Christ we'll be saved, just as they are." (Acts 15:11)
The gospel's the good news.
The gospel: Jesus
died (a sacrifice paying sin penalty), got buried, and was risen.
He died in our place.
- "He was handed over to die for our sins, and was
raised to make us right with God." (Romans 4:25)
- "What's most important I received and delivered to you: Christ died for our sins, as the Scriptures said; that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures:" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- "At just the right time, when we were still helpless,
Christ died for the ungodly." (Romans 5:6)
Only trust the good news alone for
False gospels are trusting other things for Heaven,
which doesn't save.
- "Jesus answered: 'I am the way, and the truth, and the
life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' " (John 14:6)
- "Salvation's in nobody else: God hasn't given another
name under Heaven by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
- "That's why I said you'll die in your sins: unless you
believe that I Am, you'll die in your sins." (John 8:24)
Heaven isn't accepted by trusting Jesus died for
sin, got buried, and was risen plus trusting good deeds... that's a false gospel.
these won't earn Heaven:
- Water baptism.
- Feeling sorry for sin.
- Letting go of past sin.
- Believe the Bible's true.
- Giving your life to God.
- Confessing "Jesus is Lord."
- Inviting Jesus into your heart/life.
- Planning to follow Jesus at any cost.
- Turning from sin or trying not to sin.
- Confessing sin, "mortal sins," or "deadly
- Stopping certain sins, "mortal sins," or "deadly
- Sharing your trust/faith/belief in Jesus without
Accepting the good news of Jesus Christ is
trust/faith/belief in only the gospel alone.