Heaven Doesn't Cost Money
God's gift is free:
Donations, charity-giving, and Church tithing won't save you.
- Whoever's trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you've been blocked from Christ; you've fallen from grace. (Galatians 5:4)
- I'll expose your righteousness and good deeds. None will benefit you. (Isaiah 57:12)
- Peter replied: "May your money perish with you for thinking God's gift can be bought with money." (Acts 8:20)
Self-righteousness is false-righteousness.
Humans need God's righteousness.
- But also for us, God's righteousness will be credited if we believe on him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead; (Romans 4:24)
- We're all like an unclean thing. All our righteous acts are like filthy rags. We fade like leaves, our sins have taken us away like the wind. (Isaiah 64:6)
- Look at the proud one; whose soul isn't right within him: but the righteous will live by faith. (Habakkuk 2:4)
The gospel shares how to be saved for Heaven.
The gospel: Jesus died (paying sin penalty), got buried, and was risen.
Trusting more for Heaven is self-righteousness, which doesn't save you.
- So we're made right with God by faith, not by obeying the law. (Romans 3:28)
- Salvation's in nobody else: God hasn't given another name under Heaven that we must be saved with. (Acts 4:12)
- That's why I said you'll die in your sins: unless you
believe that I Am, you'll die in your sins. (John 8:24)