Why Most People Reject the gospel
This free gift's usually rejected.
The gospel: Jesus died (a sacrifice paying sin penalty), got buried, and was risen.
The Bible says come just as you are.
Heaven's a free gift costing no money.
Everyone's undeserving of Heaven.
Everyone sins daily.
No human obeys God's standard or stops sinning until Heaven.
The Bible has hundreds of laws.
No human can obey God's demands perfectly.
Trusting Jesus died as a sacrifice for you (paying sin penalty), got
Trusting more for Heaven's a false gospel.buried, and was risen will give you Heaven.
Reasons the gospel's rejected partly because of the explainer:
Only some ideas the gospel's rejected because of the explainer:
I've done these all, but not every reason's here.
- False gospels:
Sometimes called a "free gift," false gospels often mention the death, burial, and rising of Jesus but requre more to be saved.
- Bad Explanation:
Is necessary information left unshared? The simple gospel can be shared with simple words.
- Unnecessary Information:
Sharing the gospel can be fast. It's simple. Do they believe it's true, trusting it's enough?
Gentle, quiet words can help.
- Behaving as if You Think You're Wise:
Appearing as if you think you're wise is unreliable. Is it more successful to act like a friend?
- Behaving like You Know Everything:
Acting like you know everything is annoying.
Tricking someone blocks trust.
Intimidation's uncomfortable, preventing agreement.
- Silencing Questions:
Some curiosity may need to be gone.
- Religious Words:
Weird words can prevent clear messages. Is "grace" understood? Can you use "look/pay attention" instead of "behold?"
Too much of something can be disregarded.
- Using Church:
Some churches share the gospel weekly... some churches expect everyone to somehow trust the good news already... even when most reject this free gift costing no money (Heaven doesn't cost money).
Reasons the gospel's rejected because of the receiver:
These are only some ideas, not every reason's here.
Most don't accept the free gift of Heaven.
- Because: the gate's small, the way is narrow that leads to life, and only a few find it. (Matthew 7:14)
God chose who'll be saved.
God still made this free gift available to anyone who accepts the gospel.
God wants everyone saved.
- Because we're united with Christ, we've received an inheritance from God, he chose us beforehand (predestined) and makes everything work out according to his will: (Ephesians 1:11)
- No man can come to me unless the Father who sent me gathers them, and I'll raise them up on the last day. (John 6:44)
- This is how much God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son spawned from human birth, that whoever believes in him won't perish but live forever. (John 3:16)
- For the Son of Man came to seek and save the lost. (Luke 19:10)
Can repeated attempts at sharing the gospel make things worse?
Those who've already rejected the gospel may get annoyed at attempts repeated too quickly.
Share it with everyone at least once. The entire world.
Why spend your energy on one person?
You can share the gospel with the world.