Heaven Doesn't Cost Money
God's gift is free:
Donations, charity-giving, and Church tithing won't save you.
- "Whoever's trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you've been blocked from Christ; you've fallen from grace." (Galatians 5:4)
- "I'll expose your righteousness and good deeds. None will benefit you." (Isaiah 57:12)
- "Peter replied: 'May your money perish with you for thinking God's gift can be bought with money.' " (Acts 8:20)
Self-righteousness is false-righteousness.
Humans need God's righteousness.
- "But also for us, God's righteousness will be credited if we believe on him that raised Jesus our Lord from the dead;" (Romans 4:24)
- "We're all like an unclean thing. All our righteous acts are like filthy rags. We fade like leaves, our sins have taken us away like the wind." (Isaiah 64:6)
- "Look at the proud one; whose soul isn't right within him: but the righteous will live by faith." (Habakkuk 2:4)
The gospel: Jesus died (paying sin penalty), got buried, and was risen.
Trusting more for Heaven prevents getting saved.
- "So we're made right with God by faith, not by obeying the law." (Romans 3:28)
- "The gospel reveals the righteousness of God, accomplished from start to finish by faith. As it's written: 'The righteous will live by faith.' " (Romans 1:17)
- "But now, without the law, the righteousness of God has been revealed, witnessed by the law and the prophets. We're made right with God through faith in Jesus Christ for everyone who believes, no matter who we are." (Romans 3:21-22)