According to the Bible:
- Love's patient and kind. It doesn't envy or boast, it's not proud or rude. It's not self-seeking, not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in injustice or evil but rejoices with the truth. It protects without giving up, always trusts without losing faith, is always hopeful, and endures/perseveres every circumstance. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7)
God is love. God loves people.
- We know how much God loves us, and we've put our trust in his love. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God lives in them. (1 John 14:16)
- Whoever doesn't love doesn't know God; because God is love. (1 John 4:8)
- Dear friends, since God loved us, we surely ought to love each other. (1 John 4:11)
Love will last forever.
Love never fails.
- Lover never fails. Prophecy, speaking in unkown languages, and special knowledge will become useless and pass away... but love will last forever! (1 Corinthians 13:8)
Trusting the good news promises Heaven:
Jesus died (a sacrifice paying sin penalty), got buried, and was risen.
- This is how God showed how much he loved us: He sent his only Son spawned from human birth into the world, that we might live forever through him. This is real love: not that we've loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. (1 John 4:9-10)
- This is how much God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son spawned from human birth, that whoever believes in him won't perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
- But God showed his great love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)