How To Get To Heaven
May you please come just as you are?
- Nobody on earth's always good and never sins.
- For everyone's sinned and falls short of God's
glory. (Romans 3:23)
- Everyone's turned away; all have become useless.
Nobody does good, not even one. (Psalm 53:3)
Heaven's a free gift.
Donations can't earn
Doing good won't save you.
- God saved you by grace when you believed. You can't
take credit for this; it's the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8)
- Peter replied: "May your money be destroyed with you for
thinking God's gift can be bought with money." (Acts 8:20)
- But we believe through the undeserved grace of the
Lord Jesus Christ we'll be saved, just as they are. (Acts 15:11)
Our sin penalty makes humans undeserving of Heaven.
The gospel: Jesus
died (a sacrifice paying sin penalty), got buried, and was risen.
- He was handed over to die for our sins, and was
raised to make us right with God. (Romans 4:25)
- What's most important I received and delivered to you: Christ died for our sins, as the Scriptures said; that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures: (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- At just the right time, when we were still helpless,
Christ died for the ungodly. (Romans 5:6)
Only trust the good news alone for
False gospels require a different way to live forever.
- Jesus answered: "I am the way, and the truth, and the
life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)
- Salvation's in nobody else: God hasn't given another
name under Heaven by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
- That's why I said you'll die in your sins: unless you
believe that I Am, you'll die in your sins. (John 8:24)
False gospels often require good actions, feelings, or desires added.
False gospels don't save.
these won't earn Heaven:
- Water baptism.
- Feeling sorry for sin.
- Letting go of past sin.
- Believing the Bible's true.
- Giving your life to God.
- Planning to follow Jesus at any cost.
- Turning from sin or trying not to sin.
- Sharing your trust/faith/belief in Jesus.
- Confessing "Jesus is Lord" with your mouth.
- Confessing sin, "mortal sins," or "deadly sins."
- Stopping certain sins, "mortal sins," or "deadly sins."
- Inviting Jesus into your heart/life without the gospel.
Accepting the good news of Jesus Christ is
trust/faith/belief in only the gospel alone.
Otherwise, you've trusted a false gospel... which doesn't save.
Be dependent on Jesus Christ's free gift alone to be saved.
May you please trust this free gift?